Book Review of Base Means - The Story of Jack and Ada by Bree Nan

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐-(3/5)

Base Means – The Story of Jack and Ada, written by Bree Nan, is a book that tells the story of two supposed foster kids, Jack and Ada. They were saved from human trafficking at a young age and later recruited as members of the Table in other to have something going on in their lives. The Table is a territory that acclaims to be encouraging a good cause. But, what organization with a decent motive makes its location and operations a secret? Or renders young children as undercover spies and thieves?

As the story progresses, Logan, a young man with no prior vision though now hitting self-realization, is introduced. These three soon become teammates, meeting new people, and traveling as undercover agents for the dirty deals of the Table. Jack and Ada soon learn that they were never victims of human trafficking. Instead, they are the only surviving results of a lab experiment. There are mind-blowing twists that you cannot afford to miss. This book should be your next read! 


Between the heroes and the villains of the story, I preferred the villains. Call me a bad guy, but Victor Kalev was one of my favorites among the many characters in the story. Likewise, I found Pat’s quest for revenge exciting but humorous for reasons I cannot explain. And the love story between Pat and Logan? I never expected any of that, considering that Logan was not gay. 


What put me off with this book was the many characters and change of scenery. The travel escapades were indeed a roller coaster. I got to a point in the novel where I wished the author to take a pen break. One minute Jack was here, and the next, he was somewhere else. The back and forth in transition made it relatively arduous for me to submerge myself in a book with such an excellent storyline, as I naturally would. 


While there are scenes of sexual intercourse, homosexualism, drug addiction, abuse, and violence, it would be best to recommend this book to an older audience. Among these lies promising principles like love and cooperation as morals of the story. There were both good and bad sides to the book, but overall, I had a good time. Conclusively, I am rating this book a 3 out of 5 stars


CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK